Wednesday, May 2, 2007

steven weissman & rama hughes

i've been racked with guilt because this portrait of steven weissman and his family has been shuffled around my back burners since january. i meant to give him a painted version before the chinese new year but it's been one of those wonderfully/awfully busy springs.

i am finally looking forward to a bit of free time in may when i can catch up on personal projects and the weissman's family portrait is on the top of my list. this drawing of me (below) arrived just in time to say that, maybe, just maybe, steven isn't mad at me for being such a procrastinator. and to encourage me to make the wait worthwhile.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

WEISSMAN said...

Aw, you did post it! I've felt like a crumb for not yet contributing to The Portrait Party, so I set aside all of, oh I don't know, to just get moving (and it shows! Very unnatural head/neck/shoulder transitions). Anyhow, relax! There's plenty of time to paint this Summer...

rama hughes said...

the shoulders are my favorite part actually!

Unknown said...

wow i love those solid black shapes you have going on that connect all the figures/

jennifer m. lee said...

that family portrait you did..... holy crap.
that could easily be seen in any magazine. wow, thats sooooo great!!!