Thursday, December 18, 2008

lauren hughes & rama hughes

Photobucket

when i was 11, my mom (portrayed above) drew a picture of me (portrayed below) in my underwear. that was my apparel of choice back then. when i was 21, she decoupaged that drawing onto a present for me. it was a beautiful box full of letters and drawings from my friends. you could say that box started this portrait party. tomorrow, i turn 34. it amazes me that we've been drawing each other for that long. decades!

Photobucket

5 comments:

christine said...

Happy birthday eve, Rama.
I can't wait to celebrate!
xo, your wife

alex butterfield said...

I'm spotting a trend with these portraits of you, Rama.

It seems it's your birthday soon. Have a good one.

rama hughes said...

is the trend in my pose? because my whole family was drawing me at the same time.

lauren hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren hughes said...

every day a joy
every decade a joy

being your mom

happy birthday dear rama

i love you
mom