Tuesday, January 8, 2008

henry hughes & christine castro

Photobucket

when my brother (portrayed above) saw the portrait that my wife (portrayed below) drew of him, he admired how much her drawings had improved since the last time he saw them. "that really looks like me," he approved. the compliment meant so much to christine that, almost a week later, she asked "remember what henry said about my drawings?!" i've been telling you that all year! i exclaimed. "i know," she shrugged. i guess we've come to that point in our marriage where my compliments have ceased to affect her that much. well, i decided eventually, i'm honored to be the man whose compliments don't matter to christine.

Photobucket

and, traditionally, henry is a very harsh critic. so, his compliments do mean a lot to everyone.

No comments: